Friday, February 24, 2012

Lorelai's "just right" Porridge




Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I could probably be content eating breakfast three times a day. That being said, when I first started learning how to cook, I started with easy breakfast dishes, among which was oatmeal. Oatmeal has always one of my favorite breakfast dishes. Even as a kid, I gobbled up the stuff. Whenever my mom made oatmeal, my day was complete. And I am proud to say my little one takes a liking to the stuff just as I did. Having a defiant two year old who is cheese obsessed (like mother, like daughter) doesn't give you a whole lot of healthy breakfast options. But this is one breakfast that tastes sooo good, any picky eater (adults included) would be happy to enjoy it. And the best part? You can virtully add anything to it to make it lower calorie for you, healthier for baby. And it is still DELICIOUS. Some of you may be thinking Bleh, oatmeal? Really? Get ready to fall in love!


 
Lorelai's "just right" Porridge
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 1/3 cup of cream of wheat
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • a dash of cinammon
  • 2 and 1/2 tbs of brown sugar
In a medium size saucepan, heat 2 cups of milk on medium until simmering, but not boiling. Add cinammon and vanilla extract and stir well. While stirring, slowly add the cream of wheat and continue stirring every so often for 2 and 1/2 minutes or untul oatmeal is a thickened consistency. Off the stove, add the brown sugar and stir until mixed throughout. Serve warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment