Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cajun chicken Alfredo---take two

My very first post on this blog was one of my all-time favorite meals, Cajun chicken Alfredo. I just love the combination of the spices and cheese and am a total sucker for any kind of pasta. For those of you who read my first post, you probably noticed that I didn't actually make my own Alfredo sauce for the meal. And my pictures were terrible.

That was about a month ago.

Since then, I feel I've made some drastic improvements with my blog and am continuing to progress further with my picture taking skills. So I thought it only fitting that I remake a fantastic meal, but this time make my own Alfredo sauce. Hope you enjoy!

Cajun chicken Alfredo---take two
Adapted from Guy Fieri's Cajun chicken Alfredo
  • 1 Ib  cooked linguine noodles
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • Jar of blackening seasoning
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/4 cup chicken stock
  • 1 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 2 Tbs olive oil
  • 2 Tbs minced garlic
  • sea salt
  • pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat a cast iron skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat. Dredge the chicken breasts int he blackening seasoning. Place the chicken breasts in the cast iron skillet and blacken both sides of the chicken, about 5-7 minutes each. Place the cast iron skillet in the oven and cook 25-30 minutes, or until center of chicken is no longer pink. When chicken is cooked, heat 2 Tbs of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook a minute. Next, add the chicken slices in the saute pan, along with the chicken stock. Cook a minute longer. Add the heavy cream, reduce the heat, and simmer until the heavy cream is reduced by half. When sauce is a desired consistency, stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Toss in the pasta and coat completely with the sauce. Serve hot!



No comments:

Post a Comment