Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Easy Lemonade


What is it about summertime that makes me want to sit outside on my back porch, feet propped up, while sipping a refreshing glass of lemonade? Could it be the blue skies? The warm breezes? Or perhaps, it's a little bit of both.

You know the old saying, "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade?" Well, it seems to have gone right over my head these past few months. Usually, when life gives me lemons, I make lemon curd. Or lemon pie. Or even lemon bars. But NEVER lemonade. Crazy right? So when I was left with just a handful of lemons the other day and had exhausted all the recipes I could possibly think to make, I gave in. I made lemonade.


And it's a good thing, too. What other excuse would I have had to sit outside on my back porch lazily looking up at the brilliant blue sky?




Easy Lemonade:
Recipe adapted from Good cheap eats
  • 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 1/2 cups water
  • Ice
In a large pitcher,combine the lemon juice and sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in the water. Serve over ice or already chilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment