Sunday, March 11, 2012

Salted Caramel Sauce

As I sit on my computer writing this, I am enjoying spoonful after spoonful of salted caramel sauce I made a few hours earlier...Yum!

I know how that sounds, but if you'd ever tried this stuff, you would completely understand.

 Before I started this blog a few weeks ago, I would occasionally browse through other food blogs, check out all the great recipes, and get extremely hungry. :)

Out of the many great new recipes I came across, salted caramel was the one that really stuck. I always kept coming across it in one person or another's blog and it always looked unbelievably good. So I had to try it.

And boy did it live up to the hype. (I wouldn't be eating it out of the jar if it didn't.) It's lightly sweet, with a perfect punch of sea salt that makes you wish you'd made an even bigger batch, just so you have enough to put on everything in your pantry. Yeah, it's that incredible.

Salted Caramel Sauce
Recipe adapted from Recipe girl's salted caramel sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 1/2 Tbs butter
  • 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 tsp sea salt
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar and water together and whisk. Let the mixture boil and stop stirring. Shake the pan back and forth, every minute or so and wait until the sugar turns an amber color, about 15 minutes. Once it is amber-colored, immediately take the saucepan off the heat and add the heavy cream and butter. Stir. Add the vanilla extract and the sea salt and mix together. Let cool, then serve with fruit, ice cream, or pie! Enjoy! Makes about 1 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment