Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It's the holiday season!

Hello, blogging world! Oh how I've missed you.


It's been a few months since I've blogged anything new, which makes me absolutely, downright sad. Life gets a little crazy sometimes, so much so, that cooking and baking and blogging go on the back burner for a little while until things start becoming less chaotic. But guess what? Christmas is right around the corner! So why not throw caution to the wind and get a little blogging and baking thrown into the already hectic holiday season? Because let's face it, the holidays are the one time of year when crazy meets merry and jolly meets HOLY CRAP I'VE GOT 5 MILLION PEOPLE LEFT ON MY SHOPPING LIST AND NO MONEY LEFT TO BUY THEM ANYTHING!!! ( word to the wise: Get them gum, people love gum.)  But at the end of the day, when all is said and done, the only thing that matters is the the time spent with those you love. Including you, bloggers. I truly love you 8 people that read this blog and anyone else who happens to stumble along it. It takes time out of your day to read this blog and I just want to say I love you for that. Thanks. :)

I hope everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving by the way. I made two fancy pants pies. A chocolate chip pecan and a dutch apple.

We went Black Friday (Thursday?) shopping this year. But we ACTUALLY went on Friday, not Thursday. To those of you who braved the lines on Thanksgiving day for your coveted goodies, I would just like to say, you are crazy. But then again, maybe I'm the crazy one here for just going to nose around and see all the madness. Yep, that has to be it. I did however manage to score an amazing deal on two very plush dog beds at Home Depot. I now have some very well rested pups.

For those of you who've bought your Christmas tree, props to you! We got ours as well, and started decorating this past weekend. So much fun! And probably one of the reasons why I love the holidays so much, all the twinkly lights and festive decorations.

Well that's all for now, but I'll be back with some tasty holiday recipes very soon!
Oh and one more thing:  I was joking about the gum. Please don't buy anybody gum for the holidays. Unless it's some crazy collector's edition for a gum fanatic. Then, right on.


Tis the Season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment