Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Frozen hot chocolate, Serendipity style

Serendipity- A fortunate accident or discovery.



My friends, this frozen hot chocolate was no accident on my part, at least. I knew what I was doing the whole time. And that is, trying to replicate the greatest of all frozen drinks, the most phenomenally delicious frozen hot chocolate, made exclusively by Serendipity 3, that cute little restaurant in NYC.


Oh, and this is my kid, Lorelai waiting for me to finish taking pictures and find a straw...





And this is how she eats a frozen hot chocolate when mommy takes too long taking pictures. Yep. I should've see that one coming.





Serendipity frozen hot chocolate:
Recipe adapted from 24/7moms.com

  • 1/3 cup  of semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 Tbs hot chocolate mix
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup half and half
  • 1 1/2 Tbs sugar
  • 3 cups of ice
  • whipped cream, chocolate chips, chocolate shavings for garnish
Microwave the 1/3 cup of chocolate chips with the half on half on 50% power, stirring every so often until chocolate is smooth,about 1 minute or so. Stir together the hot chocolate mix, melted chocolate, sugar, and 1/2 of the milk. Pour into a blender along with the ice and remaining milk. Puree until smooth. Serve in large glasses topped with whipped cream and chocolate chips/shavings. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment