Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Easy Cajun Chicken Alfredo

So last night I made one of my favorite foods...cajun chicken alfredo!
 I was craving something spicy and something cheesy at the same time...what a great compromise! I have to say that although I have made this recipe at least 50 times in the past two years, it truly never gets old. The only thing you have to remember when you work with blackening seasoning  is to turn the fans on...and crack the door open. I promise you, you will thank me!! I have smoked the house out with this stuff soooo many times, you would think I would know better by now.

Before I go any further with this recipe, I'd like to tell you that this is a variation on Guy Fieri's cajun chicken alfredo. Guy Fieri is the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dive's guy on The Food Network, and he also hosts a show called Guy's Big Bite, for any of you who didn't know.


Cajun Chicken alfredo
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • jar of blackening seasoning
  • 2 jars of alfredo sauce (or you can make your own)
  • 1 pound of Pasta (of your choosing)
  • oil for coating your pan

     Step 1: Boil a pot of salted water
    


Step 2: dredge the chicken breasts in blackening seasoning, any brand, but it's important that both sides are completely coated in blackening seasoning. While you are doing this, heat a cast iron skillet coated with oil on very high heat and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Step 3: When the skillet is nice and heated (It will smoke) place your chicken breasts in and blacken both sides, about 5-7 minutes each. Place entire cast iron skillet into oven at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Note: It may take less time if you trim your chicken and make them thinner.


Look at how blackened the chicken is getting already!
 
Step 4: Place the noodles in the boiling water and cook al dente. Drain and put back in pot.


Step 5: Heat the jars of alfredo sauce in a large pan (it has to be big enough to fit the chicken, noodles, and sauce) on medium low heat.


 I cheated with store bought sauce, but this brand is delicious!!!

Step 6: Slice the fully cooked chicken and add to the sauce, along with the noodles. Coat chicken and noodles thoroughly. Serve and enjoy!

Voila! Finished Product! (In the middle of eating this meal, but I'm going to work on my presentation a little better next time)


No comments:

Post a Comment